Becoming a TexHealth Central Texas Certified Representative
Agent Appointment Information
Welcome to TexHealth Central Texas. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you. To begin the appointment process, we will need a copy of your Texas license and proof of errors and omissions (E & O) insurance.
TexHealth Central Texas is a community-based health plan that offers an employer sponsored group health plan in Central Texas. Established in 2009, TexHealth was created by local citizens concerned with the rising cost of health care and uninsured small businesses. TexHealth Central Texas seeks to find ways to better serve its members and the community by emphasizing our commitment to quality, service, and cost-effective care. TexHealth provides small employers (2-50 employees) with access to health care through a network of doctors and hospitals participating in the United Healthcare Choice network.
TexHealth Central Texas is a low cost, entry-level small business health coverage product targeted to small businesses not currently offering group health coverage to their employees. TexHealth benefits—which were designed by a group of local representatives from business, health care and health insurance—are comprehensive but limited to make the cost affordable. TexHealth can be sold only by TexHealth certified Representative.
For appointment information, please contact us at (512) 524-2618 or contact one of our General Agents listed below to get started.
TexHealth has contracts with the following certified general representatives:
Who can become a TexHealth certified representative?
To become a TexHealth certified agent you must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current license issued by the Texas Department of Insurance to sell health insurance in the state
- Have a current business address in one or more of the counties in the TexHealth Central Texas service area
- Have completed a TexHealth sponsored training session
- Have signed an agreement with TexHealth to perform the duties required of a TexHealth Central Texas certified representative
- Accept as payment in full the reimbursement offered by the GA and/or TexHealth Central Texas in exchange for these services
What are the benefits associated with becoming a TexHealth certified representative?
The benefits associated with becoming a TexHealth Central Texas certified agent are as follows:
- Only TexHealth Central Texas certified agents may sell TexHealth Central Texas small business coverage.
- The number of TexHealth Central Texas certified agents in each of the counties in the TexHealth service area will be limited.
- Potential clients will be referred to TexHealth Central Texas certified agents by TexHealth Central Texas and by its partners.
- TexHealth Central Texas certified representatives will be encouraged to offer complementary insurance products to TexHealth Central Texas groups such as wrap-around health coverage, group dental and vision coverage and group life insurance.
What are TexHealth Central Texas certified representative responsibilities?
TexHealth certified representatives will be required to provide the following services:
- Counsel prospective employer groups on TexHealth products and sell them.
- Assist employers to complete and submit the employer application form and attachments to TexHealth.
- Provide a minimum of one group counseling session on TexHealth benefits, limitations and premiums for employer.
- Assist the employer with annual renewal.
- Provide a minimum of one group counseling session to interested employees of qualified employers wishing to provide coverage and assist employees wishing to obtain coverage to complete and submit applications to TexHealth Central Texas.
- Counsel new employees on the TexHealth Central Texas benefits, limitations and premiums and assist those wishing to obtain coverage to complete and submit applications to TexHealth Central Texas.
- Assist employees with annual renewal.
What compensation will be paid to TexHealth certified representative?
TexHealth certified representatives will receive compensation according to a contract with a TexHealth certified representative.